CALLING ALL FIRST TIME BUYERS
An overwhelming majority of recent buyers financed their purchase in 2015, despite above-normal activity from all cash buyers that likely pushed the percent share down.
First time home buyers – usually younger buyers – were more likely to finance
- 6% The median down payment for first-time buyers.
- 14 % the median down payment for repeat buyers.
Whether you’re a first-time or an experienced real estate buyer
C.A.R. provides valuable information to understand the Financing options and find down payment assistance programs available to you.
- Visit – downpayment.car.org.
- Enter a specific properly address, or the ‘View Programs” area in which you are looking to buy.
- Click – “View Programs” to learn more.
Sources: NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS – Annual Buyer and Seller Survey; California Association of Realtors*